From: jobs at ccl.net (do not send your application there!!!)
To: jobs at ccl.net
Date: Wed Dec 14 13:33:24 2022
Subject: 22.12.14 Computational Chemist, BioAscent, UK
||Computational Chemist, BioAscent, UK
BioAscent is delighted to be recruiting an experienced Computational Chemist who is looking to further develop their career within a highly respected, people-orientated, drug discovery company.
As a key member of a multi-disciplinary team of talented scientists, you will work with innovative research companies from pharma and biotech to academic organisations across the globe. From hit identification through to preclinical and clinical candidates across all biological target classes and major therapeutic indications you will have the opportunity to flourish and further your career.
Working within smaller integrated teams youll have a higher level of involvement in client projects and apply your computational chemistry/data analysis skills at the cutting edge of scientific research to help our customers discover innovative medicines.
What we offer
- The opportunity to mentor.
- Relocation allowance and support (terms apply).
- A supportive and collaborative environment.
- Competitive salary that is reviewed annually.
- Varied projects that benefit from a collaborative, active approach.
- Great clinical freedom and support from a passionate, experienced team.
- Continuous learning with bespoke training through recognised external experts.
- An opportunity to apply your knowledge to solve problems with support from a passionate and experienced team.
- Visa sponsorship if required for overseas applicants with provided support. Must meet experience criteria below.
To be considered for this unique opportunity you must:
- Hold a Ph.D. in computational chemistry, cheminformatics, or a related field.
- Have sound knowledge of UNIX/Linux, queueing systems and cloud computing solutions.
- Have experience in Computational techniques, data visualisation (e.g., Dotmatics Vortex).
- Be experienced in pipelining tools (e.g., Knime) used in an industry-standard drug discovery setting.
- Hold more than 2 years of experience in a professional drug design environment (e.g., Pharma, CRO, Biotech, Drug Discovery Unit).
- Have excellent knowledge of at least one programming or scripting language (such as Python, Java or C++).
- Have a sound knowledge of general modelling programs such as ICM Pro, MOE, and Schrödinger.
Discover a better future
NOTE THAT E-MAIL ADDRESSES HAVE BEEN MODIFIED!!!
BioAscent is situated a short distance between Glasgow and Edinburgh, with easy access to the beauty of Scottish lochs, islands, and mountains, we truly have the best of both worlds.
If youre looking for a new role, where you'll feel appreciated within an inclusive environment, offering opportunities to develop your career and maintain a great work-life balance, wed love to hear from you.
To apply please send a CV with a cover letter to Allison at
All @ signs were changed to %% to fight spam. Before you send e-mail, you
need to change %% to @
For example: change joe%%big123comp.com to email@example.com
Please let your prospective employer know that you learned
about the job from the Computational Chemistry List Job Listing at