From: jobs at ccl.net (do not send your application there!!!)
To: jobs at ccl.net
Date: Tue Feb 21 12:35:50 2023
Subject: 23.02.21 (Associate) Principal Scientist Research Computational Chemistry (f/m/d) ID 232166, Boehringer Ingelheim, Vienna, Austria
(Associate) Principal Scientist Research Computational Chemistry (f/m/d) ID 232166, Boehringer Ingelheim, Vienna, Austria
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated scientist to join our agile and diverse Computational Chemistry team within the Department of Medicinal Chemistry. The successful candidate will be working as part of multi-disciplinary project teams and will be applying their skills to the rational design and synthesis prioritization of small molecules during hit identification, lead generation and optimization towards novel potential therapeutics in Oncology. This contract is limited to the end of 2026.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Generate hypotheses on molecular level, plan, execute, analyze, interpret and document in silico experiments
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with scientists from multiple different backgrounds locally and globally according to project requirements
- Generate and execute ideas to positively impact project goals
- Demonstrate scientific leadership in a matrix environment and lead drug discovery projects in early phases
- Sharing best practices, demonstrating scientific rigor, teamwork and fostering a positive and collaborative work environment within the Medicinal Chemistry department and beyond
- Doctoral degree (PhD) and at least two years post-doctoral or industrial experience in a relevant discipline: computational (medicinal) chemistry, computer-aided drug design. Track record of scientific innovation, as demonstrated by publications, patents or presentations
- Experience in applying a broad portfolio of computational chemistry methods covering structure- and ligand-based approaches as well as physics- and knowledge-based methodologies and selecting appropriate methods towards hit identification and optimization
- Experience in close collaboration with experimental disciplines, e.g. direct exposure to molecular design and synthetic chemistry as well as biological and physicochemical characterization of compounds
- Outstanding creativity, critical thinking and analytical and problem-solving skills. Enthusiastic, self-motivated and results-driven with a strong desire to achieve scientific excellence and the will to challenge the status quo
- Strong communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical and project information in a clear manner to discipline experts as well as non-experts
- Flexible working time models/home office depending on the position
- Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
- Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
- Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
The remuneration for this position starts at EUR 60,000.00 gross annual salary (full time) [as well as a variable bonus]. When defining the actual salary we are taking your technical skills as well as personal competencies and relevant professional experience into consideration. We will be happy to discuss further details in person.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
- Work with us on the health of humans and animals - do something meaningful!!
- As a family-run company we offer long-term and stable jobs and value sustainability
- We offer you an innovative working environment and a responsible and versatile tasks
- Work in Vienna Meidling together with more than 3,080 employees on international projects. A team of over 40 nationalities is waiting for you!
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE!
By uploading your application documents via our application portal, we can trea
t your data confidentially and in compliance with the GDPR.
Do you have any additional questions about the position? Your HR Recruiting Manager for this position is Sonia Arzt
( sonia.arzt:_:boehringer-ingelheim.com ).
On our https://careers.boehringer-ingelheim.com/at
career site you will find further information about us as an employer as well as information about the application process or our diverse divisions. Take a look behind the scenes and get an insight into our
Is the position interesting for someone you know? Recommend us!
(We are looking forward to receiving your online application 232166
NOTE THAT E-MAIL ADDRESSES HAVE BEEN MODIFIED!!!
All @ signs were changed to :_: to fight spam. Before you send e-mail, you
need to change :_: to @
For example: change joe:_:big123comp.com to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let your prospective employer know that you learned
about the job from the Computational Chemistry List Job Listing at