CCL: Qmol and PrestoPlot
There are new versions of both Qmol (a molecular viewer for windows) and
PrestoPlot (a graphing/plotting program for windows)
available for download from the Shalloway Lab at Cornell University:
Here are the improvements:
(1) Import multiple structures in a pdb file as a
molecular trajectory (for animation)
(2) Read multiple structures/trajectories. Each structure can be
rendered and adjusted independently.
(3) Calculate the RMSD between two structures.
(4) Align two molecules by rigid-body translation and rotation.
(5) Measurement, hydrogen bond determination and RMSD calculation can
all be performed in "real" time (i.e. move a molecule and watch
(6) Numerous bug fixes!
(1) Import and export audio data in the WAVE format.
(2) Numerous bug fixes.
While I am no longer at Cornell, I will support these programs
in my spare time. Bug reports and questions may be sent to
jdg9 -x- at -x- cornell.edu.
Jason Gans, PhD