QSAR - Structure Database

From: Parthi S <discovery_solutions|-|yahoo.co.in>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:48:13 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Colleagues:

I have a question on storing chemical structure information. Current practice in many places are to use ISIS-base and store structures and their relevant information. What are the other best way to store the chemical data. I guess ISIS-base has a limitation in terms of storing number of records (max around 20,000). In such scenario, someone has suggested me ORACLE would be a best option. What is the best practice to handle chemical structures in ORACLE database. I would like to have your thoughts.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

- Parthiban S