QSAR - QSAR position

From: Grace Patlewicz <Grace.Patlewicz>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 16:17:17 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)

Dear All

Safety and Environmental Assurance Centre (SEAC), Unilever is looking to
recruit a QSAR/Computational Chemist at its UK site.
Further information is given below.
For anyone interested, the closing date is the 13th June 2003.

Best regards

Grace Patlewicz

COMPUTATIONAL CHEMIST

 Unilever is one of the worlds largest consumer goods companies selling Home
and Personal Care and Foods products in over 150 countries. Every day, 150
million people choose our products to feed their families and clean their
homes. Our key brands include Dove, Knorr, Lipton, Magnum, Omo and Cif.

The Safety and Environmental Assurance Centre (SEAC) is a central resource
providing expertise and advice on safety and environment matters to Unilever's
global operations. SEAC has expert knowledge of hazard analysis and risk
assessment for products and processes.

COMPUTATIONAL CHEMIST

This role combines chemistry and toxicology (human health and/or environmental)
in order to provide mechanistic hypotheses for key hazard endpoints which are
of interest to Unilever.

You will be responsible for leading an innovative research programme to develop
structure-activity relationships to predict the toxicological properties of
chemicals and formulations relevant to Unilever. These models will play a key
role in the overall Risk Assessment process.

You will be required to provide consultancy and scientific expertise to a
myriad of different projects and translate customer needs into practical
solutions. You will be expected to develop collaborations with groups in
academia, industry and Unilever to expand SEAC expertise in this discipline and
ensure the transfer of best practice.

We are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible candidate with a good degree in
a chemistry subject coupled with a broad knowledge of toxicology.
Understanding the scientific basis of molecular modelling, (Q)SAR, and expert
systems is essential. Proven relevant experience as well as self-organisation
and motivation are important. Strong influencing skills are key for the
development of successful collaborations.

In return, we offer you a real opportunity to progress your career in SEAC and
a highly competitive remuneration and benefits package.

How to Apply

For further information and to apply online, please refer to our website
www.unilever.co.uk/careers Alternatively please apply by email to
ukresourcing],[unilever.com enclosing your CV and remuneration details and
quoting reference number 100529.

Close date for all applications is 13th June 2003.

Data Protection Statement

In applying for the above position, you agree, unless you notify us when
responding to this advert, that we may consider you for other vacancies we have
and make your details available to other companies in the Unilever Group for
the same purpose. Some Unilever companies are in countries without any data
protection laws.