QSAR - Hansch Award of the QSAR and Modelling Society

From: Hugo Kubinyi <kubinyi*|*t-online.de>
Date: 03 Jan 2004 15:07 GMT

==> do not reply, send answers to kubinyi###t-online.de

Dear Members,

in 1999, our Society created the Hansch Award, to be given
to "young scientists (up to an age of 40), being active in
the field of (quantitative) structure-activity modelling".

The Hansch Award winners, so far, are

Hua Gao, 2000
Gabriele Cruciani, 2001
Tudor Oprea, 2002
David Clark, 2003.

Beginning in 2004, a Nomination Committee will select
appropriate candidates; afterwards, a Selection Committee
will pick the winner, out of this group. This procedure
should avoid any positive or negative bias.

Now we are looking for names for 2004. Everybody is invited
to come up with proposals (send names to
kubinyi a t-online.de, not to the list). Don't be shy, tell us
your favorite candidate or ask a friend to propose your
name, and include a short CV and a list of key publications
of this person.

Best regards and a Happy New Year,

Hugo (Chair of the Nomination Committee)

Prof. Dr. Hugo Kubinyi, Donnersbergstrasse 9
D-67256 Weisenheim am Sand, Germany
FAX +49-6353-508233, E-mail kubinyi-,-t-online.de
HomePage http://home.t-online.de/home/kubinyi