Re: QSAR - Programs for Support Vector Machines?

From: Curt M. Breneman <brenec[*]rpi.edu>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 10:49:05 -0400

Dear Ken,

Thanks for the good words! We do indeed have Kernel PLS, Kernel Ridge
Regression and Kernel-based Support Vector Regression techniques (among other)
implemented in a form useful for QSAR/QSPR applications.

Cheers,

Curt Breneman
RPI Chemistry

A new related method applied to hERG inhibition virtual screening and
bioinformatics analysis is also in the publication process for the Neural
Information Processing Systems conference (NIPS2004) (http://www.nips.cc/)

"Cheminformatics and Bioinformatics Applications via Boosted Latent Analysis
with Feature Selection"

Kristin P. Bennett(1), Michinari Momma(2), Curt Breneman(3)
(1) Mathematical Sciences Dept., (3) Chemistry Department
(2) Decision Sciences and Engineering Systems Dept
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Troy, NY 12180
bennek!=!rpi.edu, mommam(!)alum.rpi.edu, brenec++rpi.edu