Re: QSAR - new question on chirality descriptors

From: Lowell Hall <lowell.h.hall[*]enc.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 07:41:12 -0700

Dear Prof.Francisco Torrens:

If you are interested in doing QSAR with structure descriptors, Alex
Tropsha and his group have demonstrated successful use of chirality indices
related to the molecular connectivity indices, as shown in the following
citations:

Shen, M. S., LeTiran, A., Xiao, Y., Kohn, H. and Tropsha, A. (2002) "QSAR
Analysis of Functionalized Amino Acid Anticonvulsant Agents Using k-Nearest
Neighbor and Simulated Annealing-PLS Methods.", J. Med. Chem. 45, 2811
2823.

Golbraikh, A., Bonchev, D., and Tropsha, A. (2002) "Novel Z/E-Isomerism
Descriptors Derived from Molecular Topology and Their Application to QSAR
Analysis", J. Chem. Inf. Comput. Sci. 42, 769-787.

Lowell H.Hall