QSAR - MRCT validates IDBS' new PredictionBase

From: bthomas] <bthomas]|[id-bs.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:56:31 +0100

IDBS, provider of drug discovery software, and MRC Technology (MRCT), the
technology transfer company associated with the UK's Medical Research
Council, today announced that using PredictionBase, a new suite of software
tools from IDBS for modelling the suitability of compounds as drugs, MRCT
researchers were able to predict with 90% accuracy both the active and
inactive compounds against a new malarial target. MRCT and IDBS will
further refine the model to deliver more compounds exhibiting the profile
of potential malarial drugs - without the traditional time and expense of
large-scale diversity screening.

Dr. Debra Taylor, Operations Manager Assay Development Group at MRCT, said:
"As a result of this collaboration we have been able to progress our
malaria programme further than we would otherwise have been in a position
to do with our current level of funding."

"IDBS' PredictionBase provides a logical, rational approach to finding hits
and recommending courses of action to improve potency," commented Dr. Katy
Kettleborough, Deputy Director of Applied Research at MRCT. "Building on
the hits we had partially characterised, IDBS' technology and medicinal
chemistry expertise allowed us to take a more targeted and intelligent
approach to finding more potent molecules rather than simply doing more
diversity screening."

PredictionBase brings predictive science to the desktop of every drug
discovery researcher. It encompasses modules for model-building, prediction
and library filtering. Read full press release:
http://www.idbs.com/news/09_11_2004C.asp. Read more about PredictionBase:
http://www.idbs.com/QSAR/

Beth Thomas
IDBS, 2 Occam Court, Surrey Research Park, Guildford GU2 7QB, UK
bthomas(-)idbs.com
http://www.idbs.com

XLfit 4 is now available. Powerful curve fitting, statistics and results
presentation
for Excel. Trial XLfit 4 for 30 days free of charge and without obligation:
http://www.id-bs.com/xlfit4

The information contained in this email may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient any
disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action on the contents of
this information may be unlawful. If you have received this email in error,
please delete it from your system and notify us immediately. Any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where
the message states otherwise. IDBS takes no responsibility for any
computer virus which might be transferred by way of this email and
recommends that you subject any incoming E-mail to your own virus checking
procedures. We may monitor all E-mail communication through our networks.
If you contact us by E-mail, we may store your name and address to
facilitate communication.