QSAR - Need your Suggestion

From: R.Lingeswaran <lingeswaran->
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 11:35:58 +0530

Dear Sir

I am Lingeswaran Doing M.tech(Bioinformatics),I am
interested in learning QSAR for drug activity prediction,
as I am basically specialized in pharmacy in my
undergraduate. I have some doubts in QSAR in particular
with initial training set selection for better prediction
of the activity. As we don?t have any specialized in
cheminformatics here at our college, It become
necessary for students like me to get advice from experts.
I am using Cerius2. These are some queries, which I have
summarized as here under.

1.What is the vital rule of Selecting molecules for
training set, they must be analogous or they must differ?
2.limitations of Activity of the molecules in the Training
set. Whether we must select the similar activity values?
3.About Descriptor selection?

Kindly help me and thank you in advance.

regards
lingesh.

--
Click on the link below to report this email as spam
https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/lr66xknUtjHRFt9ZGzM6eOcistBV2QsidYwCEXr0EZWHm7GPjpIrXNK6WVqPoe6VmnNeAkgjNw+GwSfcQbDj+h3i7zR89!kkZADVMKmj05AvdHdqkbXFKsmDrvzpobVEJoWEkbZCucXSJssfw8aZD1JN3nIVsqJYUru46qYv97x3!j5WVuZXHRa7+vVmDmvcyjwvuLoGALN8++fzm5cryVG7XMSEvIfj