Subject: Re: F90 -> C

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 91 16:36:45 -0500

Forwarding, forwarding... ([email-masked])
---------- Begin Forwarded Message ----------
>From [email-masked] Wed Dec 11 15:34:10 1991
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 91 20:35:50 GMT
From: [email-masked] (Super-User)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re:  F90 -> C
Cc: [email-masked]

If you are writing small programs, say 1000 lines or less of source
code, then probably it doesn't matter what language you use.  Whatever
is convenient for you or your environment.

If you are part of a large project, say 10000 lines or more of source,
then if you and your colleagues are using Fortran, you probably
shouldn't be. Fortran doesn't support a high enough level of
abstraction.

I would be interested to see a comment from someone who (1) has been
part of a large project (10000+ lines of source) written in Fortran,
(2) has written both C (or C++, etc)  and Fortran code, and (3) would
use Fortran again for a large project.

Except for a posting like the above, I would hope that this thread
could end.

John Rupley
Biochemistry
[email-masked]

----------- End Forwarded Message -----------