Subject: Position available: Chemical Information Scientist/Abbott Labs

From: "Bev Eccles,x70346,D42T/AP6B" <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Apr 1994 19:15:50 -0600 (CST)

Abbott Laboratories has an immediate opening for a

CHEMICAL INFORMATION SCIENTIST

You will develop and support chemical information systems for application in
pharmaceutical products R&D.  These systems support drug sample inventory,
chemical modeling, substructure queries, reaction databases and integration with
other databases and applications. Databases include proprietary and commercial
information.  You will have broad responsibilities including project leadership,
full software lifecycle planning, development, maintenance and support,
conformance to federal regulations, chemical database administration and
technology evaluation.  

We require a PhD in Chemistry or equivalent, at least two years of project
leadership experience, and four years of scientific software development
background, preferably in chemical information systems.

Since 1888, Abbott Laboratories has been a pioneer in the development of
advanced health care products and services.  Today you could join us and
contribute to research that is improving the quality of human life in 130
countries worldwide.

Abbott provides an excellent salary and benefits package including profit
sharing and a stock retirement plan.  We are located in an attractive suburban
area, approximately 30 miles north of Chicago.  For confidental consideration,
please send your resume via email (not the list) to:

[email-masked]

or snail mail to:

Linda DeLavallade
Job #69074
D393/AP6B
Abbott Laboratories
One Abbott Park Road
Abbott Park, IL 60064.

Abbott is an Affirmative Action Employer/Smoke-Free Environment

- Bev Eccles, Ph.D.