Subject: Re: CCL:Ribosomal RNA

From: [email-masked] (C.S.RAMAN)
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 1994 17:47:41 -0500 (CDT)

Hi:

> We would like to model the secondary structure of ribosomal
> RNA and would like to contact anybody who has done similar
> work or who can lead us to useful references. Are there any 
> crystollographic structures  of ribosomal RNA available?

To the best of my knowledge there are two items in the PDB that might
interest you: (a) theoretical model of 5s rRNA  and (b) NMR structures
of rRNA.  Here are the headers for your information:

HEADER    RIBONUCLEIC ACID                        23-JUN-93   1ELH     
COMPND    5S RIBOSOMAL RNA (HELIX I) (NMR, 6 STRUCTURES)               
SOURCE    (ESCHERICHIA COLI)                                           
EXPDTA    NMR                                                          
AUTHOR    S.WHITE,P.MOORE                                              
REVDAT   1   31-JAN-94 1ELH    0                                       
JRNL        AUTH   S.A.WHITE,M.NILGES,A.HUANG,A.T.BRUNGER,P.B.MOORE    
JRNL        TITL   NMR ANALYSIS OF HELIX I FROM THE 5S RNA OF          
JRNL        TITL 2 ESCHERICHIA COLI                                    
JRNL        REF    BIOCHEMISTRY                  V.  31  1610 1992     
JRNL        REFN   ASTM BICHAW  US ISSN 0006-2960                  033 
########################################################################

HEADER    RIBONUCLEIC ACID                        22-JUN-91   1RRN     
COMPND    5 S RIBOSOMAL RNA (THEORETICAL MODEL)                        
SOURCE    (XENOPUS LAEVIS) OOCYTES                                     
EXPDTA    THEORETICAL MODEL                                            
AUTHOR    E.WESTHOF,P.ROMBY,C.EHRESMANN                                
REVDAT   2   31-JAN-94 1RRNA   1       REMARK                          
REVDAT   1   31-OCT-93 1RRN    0                                       
JRNL        AUTH   E.WESTHOF,P.ROMBY,P.J.ROMANIUK,J.-*P.EBEL,          
JRNL        AUTH 2 C.EHRESMANN,B.EHRESMANN                             
JRNL        TITL   COMPUTER MODELING FROM SOLUTION DATA OF SPINACH     
JRNL        TITL 2 CHLOROPLAST AND OF XENOPUS LAEVIS SOMATIC AND       
JRNL        TITL 3 OOCYTE 5 S $R/RNA$S                                 
JRNL        REF    J.MOL.BIOL.                   V. 207   417 1989     
JRNL        REFN   ASTM JMOBAK  UK ISSN 0022-2836                  070 

Cheers
-raman
-- 
C.S.Raman                           
UNIX Programming & Administration   
SPARC & SGI Systems                 [email-masked] - INTERNET
Department of Biochemistry          [email-masked] - CHPC
UTHSCSA                             [email-masked]
7703 Floyd Curl Dr.                 (210) 567-6623   [Tel]
San Antonio, TX 78284-7760          (210) 567-6595   [Fax]
******************************************************************************
         If a man's wit be wandering, let him study the Mathematics
                                                            -Francis Bacon   
******************************************************************************