Subject: 2nd Internet Draft on Chemical MIME types

From: [email-masked] (Rzepa,Henry)
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 1994 18:28:53 +0000

The first fraft ran from May - October and is now expired. It resulted in
a number of implementations, and much discussion. To allow others to
contribute, we have now prepared a 2nd draft, mounted as
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/chemime2.html and via anonymous ftp on
argon.ch.ic.ac.uk in directory pub as chemime2.txt
and can be viewed by inspecting the consolidated proceedings of the
chemime discussion list on
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/chemime/

Anyone wishing to comment should subscribe to the discussion list by
sending a message to
[email-masked]  with the one line message
subscribe chemime your name

Please do not discuss it in this forum exclusively (ie you can if
you wish send to BOTH CCL and chemime)

It is anticipated that discussion of this will run for about 1 month
and the proposal will then be sent to the IETF. It will then run for
a further six months, after which we may wish to submit a formal
standards track RFC as the final stage and also to proceed with
IUPAC recognition.

Dr Henry Rzepa, Department of Chemistry, Imperial College, LONDON SW7 2AY;
[email-masked] via Eudora 2.1.1, Tel  (44) 171 594 5774 or 594 5809.
Fax: (44) 171 594 5804. World-Wide-Web URL:
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html