Subject: Chemistry through the Internet project

From: Mr Eddie Rolph <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 1995 12:54:49 GMT

Internet Applications for Chemistry.

There follows a brief questionnaire intended to both help me in my 
final year university project, and allow interested people get some 
insight into the general uses to which the internet is being put to 
in the chemistry field. Please exscuse any cross postings.The survey 
will take only a matter of minutes to fill out, but if enough people 
respond, then the results may prove very interesting 
reading.Information given will be treated as confidential,and stored 
on computer for acedemic use only.  If you would like to receive a 
copy of the data obtained from this survey then please indicate so, 
and enclose your E-Mail address.

Please post replies to:-

[email-masked]

Please do not post them to the mailing list.

i.  Which internet site(s) do you use most regularly?(Please include 
URL's if appropriate.)

ii. How long have you been using these particular sites?

iii. Do you think that any improvement could be made to the user-
friendliness of these sites?

iv. How reliable do you find the connections to these sites?

v. Which do you consider the most important feature of the Internet? 
     (a) The availability of information on a global basis, or 
     (b) The ability to communicate ideas or results to colleagues 
around           the world

vi.  Do you work for 
      (a) An acedemic institution 
      (b) A commercial company
      (c) A library or information unit
      (d) An information provider
      (e) Other - please specify

vii. What is your position in this organisation? (Manager, Librarian, 
Undergrad, etc...)

viii. In which country are you based?

ix. Would you like to receive a copy of the survey results?(Insert E-
Mail here if yes.)

Thank you for your time in completing this questionnaire.

Eddie Rolph.

Final yr. Bsc (Computer-aided Chemistry),
The University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology,
Sackville Street,
Manchester.
M60 1QD
U.K.

E-Mail [email-masked]
or     [email-masked]