Subject: The Winner (thus far) Update

From: "J. Eric Slone" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 1995 13:42:56 -0400 (EDT)

On further thought, and many messages suggesting I do so, I have decided
to remove the compound previously touted as "the winner (thus far)" from
the running.  This leaves the following in the field:

	C21 H13 B Cl Co D4 F N6 O3 P Pd . B F4

and

	C60 H78 Br2 Cd Cl2 I2 N16 O2 P2 W2

The first with 11 elements, the second with 10.  To cater to the
"impressiveness metric", I will include the submission:

	C6 H5 Cl F N O2 S

With 7 elements in a 17 atom molecule.  I would appreciate knowing the
score on the impressiveness scale for this "little" molecule.

The search still continues.  Submissions are always welcome, and reasons
for removal of any of these three contenders will be duly considered.

To those who have asked WHY??  Simply, I was curious.  I thought this
type of question would make for an interesting discussion on the list
and indeed, it has.  This is just for fun.

Eric

________________________________________________________________________________

 J. Eric Slone                         George Mason University
                                       Department of Chemistry
                                       Fairfax, Virginia  22030-4444
 Internet:   [email-masked]
 Compuserve: 73757,2776                "True science teaches, above all, to
 Fax:        (703) 751-6639             doubt, and to be ignorant."
 Pager:      (202) 597-2373                               Miguel de Unamuno
 Voice:      (703) 461-7078
________________________________________________________________________________