Subject: Re: CCL:3-D Imaging

From: Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 19:35:03 +0200

> Would anyone know an easy-to-learn program that allows for visualizing data
> from a file in 3-dimension Euclidean space something that looks like a fluid
> dynamics simulation?  I started to write such a piece of code using Tcl/Tk but
> speed is of the essence (as always).

One possibility for almost all visualization tasks is to write a
simple program to transform the data to a VRML file and then use a
VRML browser to visualize it. For more information about VRML, look at
the VRML repository (http://www.sdsc.edu/vrml/). For an example of
code that generates VRML, look at the VRML module on my Python page
(http://www.yi.com/home/HinsenKonrad/python.html).
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Konrad Hinsen                          | E-Mail: [email-masked]
Laboratoire de Dynamique Moleculaire   | Tel.: +33-4.76.88.99.28
Institut de Biologie Structurale       | Fax:  +33-4.76.88.54.94
41, av. des Martyrs                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France         | Nederlands/Francais
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------