Subject: Current Trends in Comp. Chemistry !!

From: Venkateswarlu Divi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 12:53:02 -0500 (CDT)

FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT

                                                        May 14, 1997

Dear Colleague:
  
We are pleased to announce the sixth conference on Current Trends  in
Computational Chemistry. This symposium, organized by Jackson State
University, will cover all areas of computational chemistry as well as
quantum chemistry. The local host of the conference is the US Army Corps
of Engineers Waterways Experiment Station (WES) in Vicksburg, Mississippi.

The meeting will be held at the Holiday Inn of Vicksburg, Mississippi
(40 miles west of Jackson) on November 7 and 8, 1997. The format consists
of a series of plenary lectures and poster presentations on Friday and
Saturday, covering applications as well as theory. In addition, a banquet
is scheduled for Friday evening and a dinner and reception for Saturday
evening.

We are planning to publish extended abstracts (up to four pages each) of
all invited talks and poster presentations. Original scientific contributions
will be published in a special issue of the Journal of Molecular Structure
(THEOCHEM). Manuscripts for inclusion in the special issue should be
submitted in triplicate upon arrival at the registration desk. Submitted
papers will be subject to the journal's standard referee  procedures.

Sincerely,

Jerzy Leszczynski 
Chairman of the Organizing Committee

                          INVITED SPEAKERS 
       to the 6th Conference on Current Trends in Computational Chemistry

Petr Carsky                   Acad. of Sciences of  the Czech Republic
Michel Dupuis                 Pacific Northwest Ntnl Lab.
Clifford E. Dykstra           Indiana Univ.-Purdue Univ.Indianapolis
George R. Famini              U.S. Army Edgewood RD&E Center
Barry Honig                   Columbia University
Mariusz A. Klobukowski        University of Alberta
Gilda Loew                    Molecular Research Institute
Hiroshi Nakatsuji             Kyoto University
Pekka Pyykko                  University of Helsinki
Jean-Louis Rivail             Universite Henri Poincare
H. Bernhard Schlegel          Wayne State University
Jack Simons                   University of Utah
James J.P. Stewart            Stewart Computational Chemistry

6TH CONFERENCE ON 
Current Trends In Computational Chemistry

NOVEMBER 7 & 8, 1997, Vicksburg, Mississippi. 

1.   

NAME:_______________________________________________________________

MAILINGADDRESS:___________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________

TELEPHONE:__________  FAX: ______________  E-MAIL:_________________

2.   If you wish to present a poster, please indicate the title below. All
     abstracts are due by September 1, 1997 (up to 4 pages in length,
     presenting author underlined, photo ready quality, in duplicate) to
     ensure publication in the Conference Materials.
     TITLE:______________________________________________________________

     ____________________________________________________________________

     AUTHORS:__________________________________________________________

3.   Conference materials, banquet and reception fee, all meals from breakfast
     Friday through dinner Saturday, coffee, and refreshments are included per
     paid participant.

     MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO: Current Trends in Computational Chemistry. 

     Registration fee before September 1, 1997       US   $150.00   $_________   

     Registration fee thereafter                           200.00   $_________

     Registration fee at student discount                   75.00   $_________

4.   HOUSING: The organizers will not make housing reservations. To reserve
     a room at the special conference rate of $50.00-$60.00 per room, contact
     the Holiday Inn of Vicksburg, 3330 Clay Street, Vicksburg, MS 39180,
     Tel:(601)636-4551, Fax:(601)636-4552. Reservations should be arranged
     with the Holiday Inn prior to October 10, 1997.   

          I do _____ do not _____ plan to stay at the conference hotel.

          I do _____ do not _____ plan to submit a paper to the special
            issue of THEOCHEM.

                                        ____________________
                                             Signature

http://tiger.jsums.edu:8080/~mikes/compconf.html
  Department of Chemistry, Jackson State University, Jackson, MS 39217, USA
  Conference Chairman: Dr. Jerzy Leszczynski, Tel: 601-973-3482,
       Email: jerzy2.iris5.jsums.edu.
  Conference Secretary: Ms. Liqun Wong, Tel: 601-973-3723,
       Email: [email-masked].