Subject: Re: 3D visualisation software

From: [email-masked] (Ton van Daelen)
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 10:08:50 -0700

Dear Luca -

MSI's software developer's kit does exactly what you want. It includes 
an API set to visualize iso-surfaces, molecular structure, trajectories, 
normal modes, plots/graphs, etc. It also allows you in a few steps to put 
an interface together to any computational chemistry code. 

For general information about this toolkit visit:
http://www.msi.com/support/sdk/

for specific information on plotting iso-surfaces visit:
http://www.msi.com/support/sdk/users/examples/iso/README.html

Regards - Ton

------
Ton van Daelen            [email-masked]
Molecular Simulations, Inc. San Diego

> Dear CCLers, although I'm pretty sure this question has been already 
> posed (and I beg your pardon for posing it again), I have to ask about a 
> 3D visualisation tool. I worked with SciAn, which is pretty good indeed, 
> but the only existing version needs Z buffer and DGL. Looking on the net 
> I found a software called vis5d, pretty good the same but tuned for 
> metereological data and I found too time-expensive to adapt it to 
> visualize orbitals, electronic density and so on. I'm using molden but I 
> would like to find out soemthing more general (I'm trying to use ELF 
> also, and this feature is not implemented in molden).
> The software I'm looking for should manage x,y,z,function_value in order 
> to give isosurfaces of the function I'm trying to plot. Something not 
> strictly platform-dependant would be very fine.
> Thank you for all the information you will provide.
>                      Luca
> 
> Dr. Luca Pedocchi
> Laboratorio di Chimica Fisica delle Interfasi
> via Cavour, 82 - 50129 Firenze - ITALY