Subject: New version of the NMR software Gifa

From: [email-masked] (M.A. Delsuc)
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 18:13:04 -0800

Hi all Netters,

GIFA is an NMR processing program developped in my laboratory.
It runs on most UNIX machine (including Linux), and permit to process display
and analyse multidimensional NMR data (up to 3D).
There is today more than 100 registered users.

A new version of the Gifa has just been made available :
Version 4.20 - dated 15 July 1997

Check the WEB home-page :

http://www.cbs.univ-montp1.fr/GIFA/
from which you can acces to several information, screen-shots,
as well as the complete on-line manual.

==============================================================================
NEW with this version
---------------------
The most prominent new features of this version are :
  - A Complete DOSY processing module.
    The processing is based on the Maximum Entropy inversion of
      the Laplace transform. This permits to process polydisperse species as
      well as monodisperse ones. The module can also be used to process
      multiexponential relaxation data.
      It is distributed with a complete manual, and a mathematical introduction.
  - a general Fitter which can fit your data to any provided function.
    (T1, T2, DOSY, etc...)
  - the assignment module has been extensively debugged and enhanced.
  - access to Varian files has been extended
    works now for Linux, access to files in float, reads parameters, etc...

==============================================================================
DISTRIBUTION
------------
        This version is distributed under a licence. There is no
fee for academic laboratories, however the licence requires that you refer
to Gifa in any published work which depend in some manner on the Gifa
program.
        The program, as distributed is fully workable, a small annoying message
just recall you to ask for a licence.

        This program can be downloaded by anonymous FTP on Internet, the
home site is the following address :
ftp://www.cbs.univ-montp1.fr/pub/gifa_v4

There is also mirror sites :

In Japan :
at Institute for Molecular Science, Okazaki,
ftp://ftp.ims.ac.jp/pub/unix/chem/gifa
gopher://gopher.ims.ac.jp:70/11/tmp/pub-link/unix/chem/gifa

In US. :
Ohio Supercomputer Center, Colombus
ftp://www.ccl.net/pub/chemistry/software/UNIX/gifa/

  As distributed, the program works on HP/HP-UX, SGI/IRIX, PC/Linux
  SUN/Solaris RS6000/AIX.

Best Regards

                                                M.A.Delsuc

_________________________________________________________________________
Marc-Andre' Delsuc                        Centre de Biochimie Structurale
[email-masked]                 Faculte de Pharmacie
tel : (33) (0) 467 04 34 36                       15 av, Charles Flahault
fax : (33) (0) 467 52 96 23                       34060 Montpellier cedex
www : http://www.cbs.univ-montp1.fr                                FRANCE