Subject: Re: CCL:relative solvent accessible surface

From: Lutz Ehrlich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 11:02:09 -6000

Hi Jean-Luc.

> 	What software package is able to calculate the relative solvent
> accessible surface of proteins ?

Check out 
	http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/Services/argos/ASC.21/asc2.html

ASC is a package that is shell-oriented. If you want to use the software 
from within your own programs, use the NSC package

http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/Services/argos/ASC.21/nsc2-down.html

I wrote a Python wrapper for NSC which is fully interfaced with Konrad 
Hinsen's Molecular Modelling Toolkit 
(http://starship.skyport.net/crew/hinsen/mmtk.html). With this you can 
query your proteins/macromolecules for their surface. Feel free to 
contact me if you're interested.

Cheers,
	Lutz

---------------------
Lutz Ehrlich

Structural Biology
EMBL
Meyerhofstr. 1
D-69012 Heidelberg
Germany

email: [email-masked]
web  : http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/~ehrlich
phone: +49-6221-387-140
fax  : +49-6221-387-517