Subject: Software for review

From: "Stephen R. Heller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 08:37:26 -0400 (EDT)

September 17, 1997

Subject:  Computer Software for Review

     As the Software Review Editor for the ACS Journal of
Chemical Information and Computer Science (JCICS) I often get
software for review in the journal.   I have one (1) new software
products. I am looking for someone who is  willing to review
this software product.  In return for the review which is
published in JCICS you get to keep the software/database.  The
review should be completed in 1-3 months.  The length of the
review is 4-10 double spaced typed pages.  Sample reviews can be
found in most of the recent issues of JCICS.

     Please try to give me some (short) reason to choose you over
another person. 

     I have tried this approach for about the past four years and
it is working reasonably well. (REMINDER: For those who haven't
finished your reviews of software sent months and months ago,
this last sentence does not apply to you!)  As a result, I am
continuing this new method to find reviewers using this e-
mail/user group system.  I reserve the right to abandon this if
it is a problem, or inappropriate.  I will not notify people if I
have found a reviewer.  If you don't hear from me within a few
days I have chosen someone else to review the particular package.

     As I get many, many, (too many) replies to this message,
please do not respond after 19 September 1997 (Friday), as I am
sure the software will be gone by then.

     I can be reached on Internet ([email-masked]).

     PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE AN STREET ADDRESS, PHONE, and FAX
NUMBER!!!  (I send the software by Federal Express.)  Without
this information I WILL NOT consider your request.

     Steve Heller

The package I now have is:

1. Specialty Chemicals Electronic Source Book from Synapse Information 
Resources.  It is a PC based CD-ROM database of over 7,4000 chemical 
monographs, 
16,500 synonyms, 42,000 trade names, & 4,000 chemical manufacturers.

Steve Heller, USDA, ARS, Plant Genome Project
Bldg. 005, Room 337
Beltsville, MD 20705-2350 USA
Phone: 301-504-6055   FAX: 301-504-6231
E-mail:  [email-masked]
WWW:     www.hellers.com/steve

---
Administrivia: This message is automatically appended by the mail exploder:
[email-masked]: Everybody | [email-masked]: Coordinator
[email-masked]: HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH | Gopher: www.ccl.net 73
Anon. ftp: www.ccl.net   | [email-masked] -- archive search
             Web: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html 
---