Subject: Call for Papers - Polymer Modeling

From: Lawrence DeBolt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 10:57:02 -0600

CCL Members,

<fontfamily><param>Times</param>Kevin Squire and I are organizing a
symposium entitled "Computer Modeling of Polymers" for the March 29 -
April 2, 1998 ACS meeting in Dallas, TX for the PMSE
Division(cosponsored by the Polymer Division).   The aim of this
symposium is the application of molecular modeling approaches to the
prediction and understanding of polymer properties.   Representative
modeling areas are:

- Conformation Properties, such as RIS, dynamic RIS, etc.

- Thermodynamic Properties from simulations: calculations of Tg, phase
diagrams and morphologies

- Interfacial properties: surface tension, surface migration of
additives and chains, compatibilizers, adhesion, etc.

- Rheologica/Dynamic properties: viscosities, diffusion constants,
compliance and other mechanical properties

Of particular interest to us are modeling applications on systems of
commercial application, and those which compare calculated results to
experimental data.

ACS abstract and preprint forms will be sent immediately to anyone who
shows an interest in participating in this symposium<bold>.   Deadline
for submission of the abstract and preprint is Friday, November 7,
1997.</bold> 

If you have any questions, please contact either Kevin or myself
directly at the numbers/addresses listed below.   

Dr. Kevin Squire

Exxon Chemical Company

Baytown Polymers Center

5200 Bayway Drive

Baytown, TX 77522

(281) 834-5211 (Office)

FAX: (281) 834-2395

or

Dr. Lawrence DeBolt

Exxon Chemical Company

Baytown Polymers Center

5200 Bayway Drive

Baytown, TX 77522

(281) 834-1343 (Office)

FAX: (281) 834-2480

[email-masked]

</fontfamily>