Subject: 3D orbitals/electron densities from GAMESS

From: Darren Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 11:45:10 +0100

I am trying to find a way of generating high-quality electron densities
coloured with electrostatic potentials from GAMESS, or possibly gaussian,
output.  It would be good to be able to do orbitals as well.  POV-ray and
POV-chem give good quality ray traced images but the input needs to be of
the right form.  MacMolplt does something similar but is INCREDIBLY slow
and gives very chunky results, and I can't get it to colour the electron
density with the EP.  If possible I would like to get SPARTAN quality
output.

Does anyone know of a way I can get these images from a free-of-charge package?

Cheers,

Darren Andrews.

PostGraduate Student,
School of Chemistry,
University of Leeds,
Leeds.
LS2 9JT.
England.

[email-masked]

Tel: 0113 233 6594.
Fax: 0113 233 6565.