Subject: Re: CCL:Bond length of HCl gas

From: uccatvm <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 10:40:35 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Thishana,

> Can anyone help me in locating a literature value for the bond length of HCl 
> gas ?
> Where can I find this value ?

If it is the bond length of HCl in the gas phase that you are interested in, 
you may have a look at:
T. van Mourik and T.H. Dunning, Jr., Int. J. Quantum Chem. 76, 205 (2000).  

In this paper, we report spectroscopic constants (including equilibrium
bond lengths, harmonic frequencies, and anharmonicity constants) of
a few diatomic molecules, among them HCl. These have been calculated
with several theoretical methods and the correlation consistent basis
sets up to aug-cc-pV6Z.

Best regards,

Tanja
-- 
  ====================================================================
     Tanja van Mourik                                                
                                      phone                               
     University College London        work:   +44 (0)207-679-4665   
     Christopher Ingold Laboratories  home:   +44 (0)1895-259-312    
     20 Gordon Street                 e-mail                         
     London WC1H 0AJ                  work: [email-masked] 
     United Kingdom                   home: [email-masked]     
  ====================================================================