Subject: Beowulf

From: Ulrike Salzner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 16:54:13 +0200 (EET)

Thanks to everyone for all the nice and interesting replies to my
question. I also got interesting advice beyond the original
question that will certainly help me in the future. 

Regarding the cluster size everybody agrees that there is no reason not
to built clusters of any amount of nodes. The clusters should, however,
not become too large since they would not be extremely efficient. The
power of two sizes of many clusters are probably due to supercomputer
architectures and digitalization of computer scientists minds. This
tendency is enhanced by the availablity of switches with 4x or
8x something ports.

Thanks,
Uli Salzner

===================================================================

Dr. Ulrike Salzner

Department of Chemistry		Tel.: (312) 290-2122
Bilkent University		Fax.: (312) 266-5097
06533 Bilkent, Ankara 		e-mail: [email-masked]
Turkey

====================================================================