Subject: Cornell Theory Center : Computational Biology Tools Software Release

From: Avijit Ghosh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 10:30:39 -0400 (EDT)

The Cornell Theory Center and the National Center of Research
Resources for Computational Biology Tools announces a new software release
>from the groups of Ron Elber and Harold Scheraga available at:

http://www.tc.cornell.edu/reports/NIH/resource/CompBiologyTools 

    The new release includes new software, bug fixes, graphic user
interface and on line help (for MOIL), implementation of serial and
parallel Window systems, and more.

    In brief, we now offer programs to study the following: Protein
folding (PROTRACT, ANALYZE, ECCPAK), Protein Energetics (PROTARCH,
ECCEPAK, MOIL) structure determination (CRYSTALG, LOOPP), and protein
dynamics (MOIL) A server is provided that suggests protein families from
sequence based on the program LOOPP:

http://ser-loopp.tc.cornell.edu/loopp.html 

We have also included a gallery of movies of proteins in action for your
entertainment! :

http://www.tc.cornell.edu/reports/NIH/resource/CompBiologyTools/Gallery 

In addition to the release of the new software, we collect at present
responses from users of the previous releases. We shall greatly appreciate
pointers to manuscripts that uses any of the software packages that we
offer, suggestions for future improvements, complaints, and compliments.
We are considering the set-up of a news group and mailing list. Please
indicate if you will be interested in using such a list. Please direct
your responses to [email-masked]. 

We are also planning a workshop at November 16 and 17, 2000. The workshop
will focus on the applications of the tools we distribute for Windows. The
workshop attendance fee is $100. If interested, please e-mail to
[email-masked] indicating that you wish to receive furtherinformation  
on the workshop for Computational Biology Tools. We will provide
update on the status of the workshop in a few weeks. Cornell Theory Center
NIH NCRR. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----

Prof. Ron Elber
Department of Computer Science
Cornell University, 5148 Upson Hall,

Ithaca NY 14853
phone (607)255-7416
fax      (607)255-4428