Subject: BOF session on Molecular Graphics at SIGGRAPH

From: "Jesus M. Castagnetto" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:37:48 -0700 (PDT)

Posting this message for friends at SIGGRAPH
----

Molecular Graphics Gathering at ACM SIGGRAPH 2000 New Orleans

Tuesday Afternoon, 25 July, 1:30 PM, Convention Center Room 285

Yes, we are gathering at ACM SIGGRAPH 2000 in New Orleans for our
annual Molecular Graphics "Birds-of-a-feather" session.  One change
this year: a different day.  We are meeting 1:30-2:30 PM on Tuesday
afternoon, 25 July 2000, (instead of our traditional Wednesday).  This
afternoon slot should leave people free to attend the morning opening
session, Professor Brooks' Turing Award presentation (The Design of
Design) at 12:15, and the afternoon technical sessions after our
gathering.

Again this year you are encouraged to bring a few slides or prints of
new molecular graphics techniques, applications, software, or results,
for an informal showing.  We have requested a VHS video player and data
projector; a laptop PC (running MS Windows) with floppy and CD-ROM will
likely also be available.  Do let your interested friends know about
the meeting:  it's for everyone interested in molecular graphics,
whether static or interactive, commercial or experimental.  Come with
news and rumors, tell us what's interesting you've spotted in the
SIGGRAPH program or on the exhibit floor, impressions, highlights.
With your help and participation we can have a good time again.

A reminder that anyone reading this would benefit from joining the
international Molecular Graphics and Modelling Society; visit
"http://www.mgms.org" and click on ``apply''.

You are also welcome at our "Component-based visualization
environments" gathering Sunday 23 July, 5:30 PM, same room.

Michael Pique and Arthur Olson              16 July 2000
The Scripps Research Institute: Molecular Biology MB-5
10550 N. Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla, CA 92037

(858) 784-9775  [email-masked], fax (858) 784-2860
(858) 784-9702  [email-masked], fax (858) 784-2860

-----

--
Jesus M. Castagnetto <[email-masked]> - "Ken Zen Ichi-nyo"
Program Project:   http://www.scripps.edu/research/metallo/ 
Metalloprotein DB: http://metallo.scripps.edu/
PalmPilot Stuff: http://www.geocities.com/jm_castagnetto/