Subject: Sheffield 2001: REMINDER

From: Val Gillet <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 15:44:25 +0100 (BST)

*************************** REMINDER *****************************
                   DEADLINE FOR CALL FOR PAPERS
                       15th SEPTEMBER 2000
*****************************************************************

The Chemical Structure Association and the Molecular Graphics and 
Modelling Society announce their Second Joint Sheffield Conference 
on Chemoinformatics: Computational Tools for Lead Discovery.  The 
conference will be held in Stephenson Hall, University of Sheffield, 
UK from 9th to 11th April 2001.  Offers of papers are welcomed in all 
aspects of lead discovery.  Possible topics include (but are not limited 
to): 

* 3D databases, including docking and pharmacophore analysis;
* assay QC and its influence on data mining;
* chemical data mining; 
* descriptor validation; 
* design of leadlike combinatorial libraries;
* design of screening collections;
* e-business to facilitate lead discovery; 
* novel software and hardware systems for lead discovery; 
* selective compound acquisition from in house and commercial suppliers; 
* similarity and clustering methods; 
* structure-activity methods for lead identification and early
  optimisation;
* structure-based design for lead identification and early optimisation;
* virtual screening;
* case histories incorporating any of the above.

Authors interested in submitting a paper for consideration should 
send a title and brief abstract to Val Gillet ([email-masked]) 
by 15th September 2000.  Further details of the conference are posted
at http://cisrg.shef.ac.uk/shef2001