Subject: Third European Workshop in Drug Design

From: Andrea Tafi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 18:15:45 +0100

Third European Workshop in Drug Design
June 17-24, 2001 - Certosa di Pontignano, Siena (Italy)

The University of Siena is pleased to announce the Third European Workshop
in Drug Design, to be held in Certosa di  Pontignano (Siena), Italy, from
June 17-24, 2001 and co-sponsored by Molecular Simulations, Inc., Tripos,
Inc. and SGI, Inc. This workshop, which follows up the two very successful
previous editions held respectively in Cortona on May 1995 and Siena on May
1998, will feature about 20 well known researchers from the University and
the pharmaceutical industry, including directors of research, working with
a total of 45 workshop participants. 
Participants will be divided into teams, each team led by a tutor, and will
focus on solving concrete problems in drug design using high level hardware
and software tools, including 20 workstations and a server contributed by
SGI. Talks and case studies will be interdisciplinary, touching upon
structure-based drug design; ligand-based drug design; in silico drug
metabolism and pharmacokinetics; database mining; combinatorial chemistry;
pseudoreceptor modelling; pharmacophore identification and receptor mapping.

The following scientists have already agreed to give lectures: S. Boyer, G.
Cruciani, A. Di Nola, G. Folkers, P. Goodford, H.-D. Hoeltje, J. M. Jansen,
H. Kubinyi, T. Langer, G. R. Marshall, T. I. Oprea, W. Sippl, J. P. Snyder,
A. Tafi, I. Zamora.

With the purpose to stimulate helpful discussions, attendees will be
invited to present in poster format their own research problems. 

Participation in the Third European Workshop in Drug Design is limited to
45 applicants, selected on the basis of individual experience. To apply,
please submit your name, address, affiliation, and primary area of
research, along with a curriculum vitae, by fax or mail to: 

Third European Workshop in Drug Design, Università di Siena, Prof. Maurizio
Botta 
Dipartimento Farmaco Chimico Tecnologico, Via Aldo Moro - 53100 Siena, Italy 
Fax: +39-0577-234333 

Fee for participation is U.S. $ 2,000 and includes all meals and hotel
accommodation in two-bed rooms for seven nights. Some financial aid will be
available for applicants. 
  
                            Deadline for receiving applications is March
31, 2001. 

For further information, see:
http://www.unisi.it/comunicazione/ddesign/3ewdd.html

SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
Prof. Maurizio Botta, University of Siena 
Prof. Federico Corelli, University of Siena 
Prof. Hugo Kubinyi, BASF, AG 
Prof. James P. Snyder, Emory University Atlanta 

LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
Prof. Maurizio Botta, University of Siena
Prof. Federico Corelli, University of Siena 
Dr. Andrea Tafi, University of Siena
Dr. Fabrizio Manetti, University of Siena