Subject: Re: CCL:babel development / visualizing CHARMM CRD files

From: Simon BERNECHE <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 14:15:03 -0500

> >This is an interesting question, because Babel is SUPPOSED to be able to read
> >CHARMM files as
> >input, yet it doesn't.  And since there is no program other than Quanta that
> >will allow one to easily
> >view CHARMM crd files, it would be nice to be able to convert them to some
> >other format,
> 
> In passing, RasMol allows to visualize charmm coordinate files. 
> 

There's also DINO ( http://www.bioz.unibas.ch/~xray/dino ) that will
read CHARMM coordinate (.crd) and trajectory (.dcd)  files.  DINO gives high
resolution output in TIFF, PNG and PostScript formats or it may
also write input files for Raster3D and Povray. 

Simon

**********************************************************************************
  Simon BERNECHE
  --------------                                                         
  Département de physique - Université de Montréal                           
  Biochemistry Department - Weill Medical College of Cornell University      

  eMail: [email-masked]         Tel: (212) 746-4237 
**********************************************************************************