Subject: Free molecule editor under Linux

From: Anselm Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 17:18:27 +0100

Dear CCLers,

I am looking for a free 3D-molecule editor/builder (not just viewer)
under Linux/Unix.
Input should be mouse-and-click-orientated (not just visualized
Z-matrix-input),
and ideally it should run without any additional installation effords
(i.e. statically linked; C/C++/[Java]).

At the moment, I am only aware of Pymol and GDIS.
Are there any established alternatives ?

My motivation is to offer our Windows-trained students some familiar
input facility and visualization tool...

I'll summarize the answers.

Regards,

Anselm

--
_______________________________________________________________________
Anselm Horn, Dipl. Chem. Univ.          [email-masked]
  ___
 / __|        ___                               Computer Chemie Centrum
| /     ___  / __|
| |    / __|| /                                   Naegelsbachstrasse 25
\ \__ | /   | |                                        D-91025 Erlangen
 \___|| |   \ \__                                 Deutschland / Germany
      \ \__  \___|    Tel: +49 9131/85-2-6583 * Fax: +49 9131/85-2-6565
       \___|       http://www.ccc.uni-erlangen.de/clark/horn/index.html
_______________________________________________________________________