Subject: Accelrys Life Science Training in New Jersey

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:08:15 +0100

Accelrys will be holding a pair of 2-day workshops at Rutgers University, 
New Brunswick, NJ.

On June 4-5, the "Introduction to Cerius2 for Life Sciences" workshop will 
be offered.  This course provides an overview of molecular modelling 
techniques for life sciences applications using Cerius2.  The workshop 
will focus on basic skills for use of the interface and will explore 
various modules in the areas of rational-drug design, structure-based drug 
design, and combinatorial chemistry.  Prior modelling experience is not 
assumed making this course a great place to learn molecular modelling with 
Cerius2.

On June 6-7, the "Pharmacophore Generation with Catalyst" workshop will be 
presented.  This workshop is intended to introduce customers to 
pharmacophore generation and to the Catalyst user interface.  The workshop 
begins with the basics of the Catalyst interface and builds to simple 
pharmacophore generation, selection of training sets, and 
three-dimensional database searching.  Methods used within Catalyst for 
automatic hypothesis generation and manual hypothesis construction will be 
discussed.  Some optimisation of training sets and database searching will 
be covered as well.  Attendees should possess knowledge of basic UNIX 
commands and have a basic understanding of QSAR theory.

Fees for each 2-day course are $1200 commercial, $900 government, and $660 
academic.  However, register for both courses and receive a 10% discount 
for the second course.

Registration is on-line at URL http://www.accelrys.com/training/lifesci/registration.php.  Further detailed information about this and other Accelrys training 
workshops can be found at the Accelrys website (http://www.accelrys.com/training/lifesci/schedule.html).  Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions.

Thank you very much.

Tien Luu
+44 1223 402 895

Judith Madeley
+44 1132 033 714