Subject: Re: CCL:purchasing or acquiring nci compounds

From: "M. Nicklaus" <mn1.-at-.helix.nih.gov>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:23:14 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Jerry Ebalunode wrote:

> Hi all,
> Where can check for the availabilty  and  possibly purchase of certain
> compounds from the NCI  database of organic compounds?
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Jerry Ebalunode
> Graduate Research Assistant
> RM 402F Houston Science Center
> Phone: 713-743-8367
> Dept. of Biology and Biochemistry
> University of Houston.
> 4800 Calhoun Road
> Houston, TX 77204

For possible availability from DTP/NCI:
http://dtp.nci.nih.gov/repositories.html

For possible commercial availability:
Go to http://cactus.nci.nih.gov/ncidb2/, select Query Type "Data
Availability Constraints...", select suboption "Commercially available".
(A count with the Output Format option "Simply Count Hist (entire DB)"
shows 46,844 hits out of 250k compounds.)
   NO GUARANTEE, though, for accuracy: The information on which this
cross-check was based is neither comprehensive (only some suppliers
included) nor up-to-date.  But it may provide a starting point.

Marc

------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Marc C. Nicklaus, Ph.D.                 NIH/NCI at Frederick
 E-mail: mn1.-at-.helix.nih.gov               Bldg 376, Rm 207
 Phone:  (301) 846-5903                  376 Boyles Street
 Fax:    (301) 846-6033                  FREDERICK, MD 21702      USA
            Head, Computer-Aided Drug Design (CADD) Group
     Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry, Center for Cancer Research,
 National Cancer Institute at Frederick, National Institutes of Health
       http://rex.nci.nih.gov/RESEARCH/basic/medchem/mcnbio.htm
------------------------------------------------------------------------