Subject: Re: CCL:FREE SOFTWARE

From: Konrad Hinsen <hinsen$at$cnrs-orleans.fr>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:38:46 +0200

On Apr 28, 2004, at 23:13, Miguel Romero wrote:

> This is the first time I write to the CCL. I am starting a new 
> molecular modeling project in a new research group. I've used 
> comercial modeling software for many time but now I have to switch to 
> something else, preferably a FREE or reasonably priced software. I
>
> I am going to work with ligand-protein complexes and I need 
> manipulation software, doking and molecular mechanics (geometry 
> optimization and molecular dynamics) software. It can work under linux 
> or windows sistems.

Have a look at

	http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/MMTK/

You probably have to write some code yourself (docking for example), 
but that should be easy given that a lot of support code is there.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Konrad Hinsen
Laboratoire Lion Brillouin, CEA Saclay,
91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex, France
Tel.: +33-1 69 08 79 25
Fax: +33-1 69 08 82 61
E-Mail: hinsen$at$llb.saclay.cea.fr
---------------------------------------------------------------------