Subject: REMINDER: 2nd announcement:XIIIth International Workshop: Quantum Atomic and Molecular Tunneling in Solids and Other Condensed Phases

From: QAMTS <qamts05 :: usc.es>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 18:14:06 +0200

Apologies for cross-postings

       ************************************************************
         Quantum Atomic and Molecular Tunneling in Solids" (QAMTS)
       ************************************************************

Dear colleagues,

Registration is now open for participation in this international workshop,
to be held in the World Heritage City of Santiago de Compostela, Spain, from
Wednesday 27 July to Sunday 31 July, 2005.

The Workshop has been in the process of broadening its scope and now
includes work on tunneling in condensed phases in general, biological
systems being the new area of interest. Experimental and theoretical
aspects of quantum atomic and molecular tunneling phenomena will form
the main theme of the workshop, comprised in the following sessions:

* Rotational tunneling
* Proton tunneling in hydrogen bonds
* Atomic and molecular tunneling on on surfaces, glasses and amorphous
 systems * Tunneling in porous materials
* Tunneling diffusion phenomena
* Spin-tunneling problems
* Tunneling studied by diffraction techniques
* Advances in spectroscopic and other experimental techniques
* Tunneling in biosystems
* Kinetic isotope effects
* Multidimensional tunneling theories
* Advances in computational methods and software updates

Contributed papers may be presented either orally or as posters, and
you are invited to submit an abstract.

Please visit the conference webpage at

http://www.usc.es/gdrq/QAMTS2005/index.htm

for further information regarding the program, invited speakers, registration
and submission of abstracts.

Miguel Angel Rmos Fernandez,
(Chair or the Organising Committee)

*****************************************************
QAMTS XIII International Workshop
University of Santiago de Compostela: 27-31 July 2005
e-mail for questions about registration and/or accommodation:
incoming :: atlanticocongresos.com
e-mail for other questions related to the conference: qamts05 :: usc.es
*****************************************************