QSAR - Calculating DRAGON descriptors

From: Todeschini Roberto - Dip. di Scienze dell'Ambiente e del Territorio <roberto.todeschini>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:40:38 +0200

Hi All.

     Unlike the DRAGON WEB version 2.1, the WEB version 3.0 performs a check on Hydrogen presence: this check is also influenced by the bond conjugation (probably this is too severe!). For example, terminal oxygens with a formal bond order of 1 are not accepted and hydrogen lacking is improperly detected!

This problem has been solved in the DRAGON 4 version.

As it has been announced on our website, the WEB version is no longer supported and upgraded.

The new Evaluation version of DRAGON 4 is free downloadable at http://www.disat.unimib.it/chm/Dragon4.htm.
In these days, after the announcement of the new version, several users have probably downloaded the WEB version in place of the Evaluation version! We apologize for the misunderstanding and the download of the Evaluation version is now more evident.

Best regards,

   Roberto Todeschini
Milano Chemometrics & QSAR Research Group
Dept. of Environmental Sciences
P.za della Scienza, 1 - 20126 Milano (Italy)
http://www.disat.unimib.it/chm