Re: QSAR - QSAR: Published correlations of animal versus human PK data for numerous compounds ?

From: L. Mark Hall <halllm|comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:54:41 -0400

Dear Jim,

Our Blood/Brain partition predictor at ChemSilico was developed on data
from male white rats. We used plasma/CSF data, the majority of which
came from Human subjects, as our external validation. This method
produced very encouraging results, given the nature of the data in
question. (see http://www.chemsilico.com/CS_prBBB/BBBexp.html)

There were some compounds where data was available from both white rats
and Humans. These duplicate values were used to evaluate the
compatibility of the data, which was determined to be good. Blood/Brain
and plasma/CSF values are not identical and, of course, neither are
Humans and rats (most of the time). We feel that the outcome of the
study indicates the utility of using data from white rats to predict
outcomes in Human patients.

This data is our own compilation and has not yet been published, but the
references are given on the web page. I do not know if this is the kind
of thing that you are looking for, but I hope it may be of help.

Please let me know if I can provide any further detail that may be of
interest.

L. Mark Hall
Hall Associates Consulting