Re: QSAR - conformation vs conformer

From: Dr. Howard Deutsch <howard.deutsch>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:42:46 -0500

A specific conformation of a molecules is the exact spatial arrangement of
the atoms. Conformations by definition only differ by rotation about single
bonds (torsion angles), with bond angles and distances at optimal values.
There are an infinite number of conformations possible.

A conformer is the molecule in that conformation.