QSAR - Launch of DSSTox website

From: Richard.Ann-$-epamail.epa.gov
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:52:23 -0500

This is to announce the public launch of the DSSTox (Distributed
Structure-Searchable Toxicity) database network website at:

http://www.epa.gov/nheerl/dsstox/

I am attaching a short commentary published this month in Preclinica
providing an overview of the project and website contents. (If the
attachment is removed, visit www.preclinica.com to sign up for a free
subscription to access this month's articles). This project is
particularly aimed at providing a service to the QSAR community, by
offering a publishing forum for toxicity datasets linked with chemical
structure and documentation.

Most important for the growth of this project as a public resource is to
get persons interested in using, promoting, offering feedback, and
contributing to the DSSTox website. In particular, if you have a
toxicity dataset that you have curated for use in SAR modeling, that you
are knowledgable about, and might be interested in publishing on this
site, please let us know. We can use all the help we can get at this
stage.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Sincerely,

Ann Richard

(See attached file: DSSTox_PreClinica_24Feb04.pdf)

Ann M Richard
Mail Drop B143-06
Environmental Carcinogenesis Division
National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory
US Environmental Protection Agency
Research Triangle Park, NC 27711
tel: 919-541-3934
fax: 919-685-3263